söndag 24 april 2011

Make your own mini roses

We have Easter Holliday here in Sweden right now. All the kids are home from school and they are with friends all day long.They sleep ower and so on so there is not that mutch time for the mother in the house to just sit down and make some scrapbooking...giggle...

But today I had to work a little bit for Kristinas and when I was finish with that I just thought that I should try to make my own mini roses.Just like the ones I always buy.
I saw on Youtube a video where they did handmade roses that we always buy so I thought I try to do my own...
HERE is the video if you would like to se it.
Sometimes it can be hard to find, or if I don´t have the colour home that I need.Then,I MAKE MY OWN!

I will show you how I made it...
Aren´t they cute?? Just like the one I use to buy, but with a little bit different paper...
I simply used left ower cardstock pieces...
This is what I need, mini retro flower punch, glue and cardstock...
I cut out 4 of the colour I want on the rose and one in grean who should be the leaf....
On one of the pink ones I cut of two of the leafs....
Then I fold the leafs in the middle , as in the picture, and then squeeze them together...
I put some glue on the end of the flower leaf...
..and put it together...I hold it together untill the glue has dryed.
With the next two pink flowers, i fold all the leafs on the flowers in the middle and put some glue in the middle of the flower...
And simply put it together.With all of them as I put them together i sqeeze them together and shape them untill I´m happy with the result....
You can se on the picture how I build the flower...
With the last pink flover i don´t fold the leafs in the middle, I just fold the leafs up a little bit so it wont be so flat.And then put it togehter wirh some glue in the middle...
I do the same with the green flower and then put it together so the green flower will become the grean leaf on the roses.
Tada!!! A finished little minirose. It´s about 1-1,5 cm wide.
Hope you liked it!!
Thanks for stoping by.
Hugs Malin

14 kommentarer:

Pinklady 68 sa...

I liked it:-) Kjempefine roser!!
Forsatt god påske! Klem Laila.

Diana sa...

Vad fina! Och för en gångs skull är det en punch som jag har. Måste testa att göra dessa underbara rosor själv. Tack för tipset!

Kram Diana

Donna sa...

Gorgeous Malin, I must have a go at trying this myself, they look very professional
hugs
Donna xx

Tricia Williams sa...

YAhh. Thankyou I also buy a lot of these little flowers,
What a great way to use up little bits. Thanks they look great.

Knerten sa...

Så flotte roser du har laget, Malin, takk for god beskrivelse :-)

Unknown sa...

Wow your rosees are gorgeous.
Thank you for the tutorial.
Now I'm your follower because I look you blog and I love your cards and work.
Francy

Monika sa...

Läckert Mahlin!!! Måste nog skaffa en retro punch.

Eivor / Ejja sa...

Wow!! Så duktig du är ,tack för att du visar hur man kan göra egna rosor!! Kanon!!

Kram!

Eivor / Ejja sa...

Wow!! Så duktig du är ,tack för att du visar hur man kan göra egna rosor!! Kanon!!

Kram!

Chris_P sa...

Asså detta måste jag ju testa. Har ju köpstopp och mina rosa blommor är slut - detta är ju perfekt! Punchen har jag ju :-)

Tack!

Unknown sa...

Wow! These are amazing and look so professional! Thanks for the tutorial you have made it look so easy. I'm going to try those myself. Hugs to you, Ellie Maggie x

Gerdie sa...

Wow, what a great idea! Thanks for the tutorial Malin!!!
Hugs
Gerdie

Terés sa...

Jättesöta, och enkla att göra oxå!

Dortesjs sa...

aww super skønne og fine